Perth is a one-of-a-kind city isolated from the rest of Western Australia., Perched in the middle of nature, the Indian Ocean, and the wild outback. Imagine the views and activities that are made available for you in this capital city of Western Australia. This unique town is ranked as the 7th most liveable city in August of 2016. Aside from its great modern structure, the city is home to numerous attractions. Thus, there is no shortage of things that you can do and see even on a budget. Here are some of the free things to do in the best serviced accommodation in Perth:
Interact with nature
- Look for the kangaroos and differest species of birds in Heirisson Island
- Feed the unique birds native to Perth — the black swans — at Lake Monger, Claremont, or Shenton Park Lakes.
- Dive, swim, and snorkel at the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. If you are lucky, you might spot sea lions, penguins, and dolphins.
Chill-out and enjoy the laid-back Australian vibe
- Picnic at Kings Park, right in the heart of the central business district. Munch on some food while enjoying a breathtaking view.
- Wander around the Swan River trails to enjoy the one and a half hectares of garden
- Discover the architectural heritage of Perth in Fremantle by bike. When you are tired, head on to the different pop-out and permanent stalls for a quick snack or to window shop.
- Hit the beaches of Cottesloe and Scarborough.
Learn about Australian Culture
- Head on to Elizabeth Quay to appreciate various sculptures and the Black Swan mural as you cross the iconic suspension bridge.
- Admire Perth’s artistic history at Perth Cultural Centre where you will find different museums such as the WA Museum, State Library, and Art Gallery
- Take a free walking tour around the city, through i-City tour, to have a deeper understanding of Perth’s history.
- Immerse yourself in Australia’s indigenous culture at the Aboriginal Art Gallery in Kings Park.
- Be mesmerized with Perth’s street art at Fremantle, Highgate, Luna Leederville, the Stormie Mills “equilibrium,” Prince lane, and Mount Lawley’s Seinfeld tribute.
Entertainment for free
- Score free movies and sporting events at the Northbridge Piazza. Lie down and relax as you watch them on a big screen. In the morning, get physically fit in their free yoga and Tai Chi classes.
- Learn didgeridoo which is the traditional musical instrument of the indigenous tribe at Fremantle.
- Go salsa on Fridays at the iconic Flying Scotsman pun in Mount Lawley. Plus free comedy every Sunday.